Who we are
Suggested text: Our website address is: https://thames-cars.com.
Thames Cars (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Data. By visiting www.thames-cars.com you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
“Personal Data” is information that relates to and can be used to identify you, including allowing someone to contact you.
We may collect and process Personal Data including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, information you provide when you make payment or service requests through our site as applicable, requests for brochures/information, traffic data and location data.
- Information provided to us by third parties about you, including information from our third party business partners, analytics providers and search information providers. Please read those third parties’ terms carefully.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is transferred and stored on secure servers that are located in the UK. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer and storage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you (whether personal, demographic, collective or technical) in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer and manage your registration, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving our site and our products, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer.
- To take corrective action (including product recalls), if necessary, in respect of any of the products we supply.
- To provide you, directly or through permitted select third parties (via e mail or other communications) with information or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Information we disclose
We may disclose your Personal Data to other people if we are under a duty to do so to comply with any legal obligation, rule or regulatory request, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Thames Cars, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose your Personal Data to select third parties including but not limited to advertisers, business partners, analytics providers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to enable us to provide you with a service related to this site, e.g. enhancing your browsing experience or processing payments you make through this site.
If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that we have no control over their contents. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Your rights and how to opt out
If you do not want us to use your Personal Data as described in this policy, please select the appropriate answer from our contact us page on which we collect your data or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request to receive information about other services offered by Thames Cars, we would like to contact you in relation to products and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to be contacted by us in this manner, please select the appropriate answer from our contact us page.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will only process your Personal Data for marketing purposes if you authorise us to do so selecting the appropriate answer from our contact us page. You can also exercise your right to prevent this processing at any time by contacting us by email at: email@example.com, or using our contact us page.
Access to information
You have the right to access and update Personal Data held about you.
Data protection information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at http://ico.gov.uk.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.